Friday, November 13, 2009

Second Step Successful

Things are going well. I met the foster lady and Herman this morning. The foster lady thinks that I just might be the perfect match for Herman. Most important is that Herman likes me. The foster lady says that he is a bit shy and not very trusting of people, but he came right out to meet me. I did have a small bowl of tuna in my hands, but the foster lady says that he doesn't often come right out to meet someone. Herman let me pet his back while he ate his tuna, then he went back to his safe spot for a minute. I crouched right down and just stayed still and he came back out, sniffed my fingers and gave one of them a little lick, then rubbed his chin up against my fingers for some scritches, which I gave him. He talked to me a bit, too. He is unhappy. His tail was droopy the entire time. I so much want to give him a home and make him happy. Now I just have to get through the screening process. The foster lady said that they probably would want to know how I would take care of him, so I am off to learn as much about feline leukemia and FIV as I can.

I am finding it very hard to concentrate on limericks for some reason. Grin. I will get back to them once this is resolved and I find out whether Herman will be coming to live with me or not. Right now, I am too excited and nervous to be able to do them justice.

16 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I bet your next limerikhk will have be inspired by Herman your new muse!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Motor Home Cats said...

Karen Jo, we are so excited for you. We know you will be the purrfect home for Herman. We will be purring that the process is a short one, and that Herman will soon be in his new home.

Also, thank you for stopping by and leaving your condolences when Jade went to the bridge. We really appreciate all our friends purrs, etc. We know they made her journey a peaceful one.

Tavi, Cody, Camie, Miss Jade and Gracie

Daisy said...

It is so much fun to follow your adoption process. I think I am almost as excited as you. It sounds like you are a great match for Herman. Be sure to let them know that you would keep Herman 100% indoors (unless you are going to get a harness and leash or a stroller or an enclosure for temporary, supervised outdoor visits).

Kaz's Cats said...

We just caught up about Herman, and all we can say is 'Awesome!'

You'll be a great cat mother, and it sounds like you and Herman are a purrfect match. We'll purr for a smooth and speedy adoption process for both of your sakes.

Gypsy & Tasha & Karen (Mum)

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

How exciting!!! Poor Herman is just a little nervous. I was a wreck when the PM first met me but I settled in well!

Purrs Banshee

Parker said...

Miss Karen Jo, my heart is so happy for you and for Herman - he is going to be such a loved and lucky kitty!
Big Smoochies to you!

The Creek Cats said...

This is so great! We are furry happy for you and Herman!

The Monkeys said...

Yay! We're purring that all is successful for you and Herman!

One Cats Nip said...

I bet your having trouble concentrating! I would too if I was so close yet so a fair amount of far away (gotta get through the screening) to a new lovely little kitty! Just remember concentrate on the kitty learning and we'll be waiting for you right here for you to introduce us to Herman!

LZ said...

Herman is so exciting!!! We can't wait to hear about him coming to his new home.

Latte

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Sending purrs for you and Herman

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Oh, we're so excited....we were sure that Herman would like you. We are purraying that you pass the entire screening process.....and we are most certain that you will.

We will be impatiently waiting to hear more news about Herman......

xxxxxxxxx

The Devil Dog said...

Ohhh, that is so exciting. If they need references, you can use us! We think Herman would be very happy with you and we will pug snort very hard that Herman becomes yours!

Roxy & Lucky & Mom

Everycat said...

Karen Jo this is so exciting! We hope that Herman comes to live with you. It's wonderful that you want to give a cat with FiV/FeLv a chance of a love filled life!

Whicky Wuudler

Cat with a Garden said...

We just heard and came by to catch up in Herman - and you - story. Many, many concats!

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Hey Karen, please email me at gracie1915@yahoo.com I have something for you and sweet Herman.